Brighton (MI): Truth of Life Church presents A Course in MIracles Study Group
A Course in Miracles is a spiritual path in the form of a book. Its purpose is to train us to work miracles—to accept and extend to others the healed perception that awakens us to God. The Course consists of three volumes (usually bound together in one book), which follow the model of a college course. The three volumes are the Text, the Workbook, and the Manual for Teachers.
The Text gives the theoretical foundation of the Course’s thought system, which is essential to make the exercises of the Workbook meaningful. The Workbook, in 365 daily lessons, trains the mind in how to think along the lines the Text sets forth. Based on the Text, it emphasizes experience through practical application. The Manual for Teachers gives instruction for those who have studied the Text and completed the Workbook and are ready to deepen their learning by extending it to others—in other words, those who are ready to become full-fledged miracle workers.
The Course promises that countless benefits will result from walking its path, benefits it often portrays as gifts from God’s infinite treasure house. Among those gifts are the following:
- The gift of a deep and profound sense of inner peace
- The gift of releasing our grievances through forgiveness
- The gift of relationships transformed from contentious war zones into truly holy relationships
- The gift of frequent holy instants, spiritual experiences in which we temporarily enter a boundless realm of peace, joy, and love
- The gift of receiving guidance from the Holy Spirit for all the decisions of our lives
- The gift of finding our special function, the particular role God has for us in the world
- The gift of giving to others, of being truly helpful to other people
- The gift of days filled with happiness.
- Finally, the indescribable gift of awakening fully to the awareness of God and our true home in Heaven